EXPEDITED TRAVEL VISAS FOR JAPAN
Listed below is all the information for a US Citizen to travel to Japan.
Isn't the travel visa information you are looking for? Search again.
Travel Alerts / Special Notes:
Travel Alerts / Special Notes:
|ENTRY TYPE||MAX VALIDITY||PROCESSING TIME||EMBASSY/CONSULATE FEE||SERVICE FEE||TOTAL FEE|
|Single Entry||90 Days From Date of Issuance||6-7 business days||$32.00||$150.00||$182|
|Multiple Entry||1 to 5 years From Date of Issuance||6-10 business days||$60.00||$150.00||$210|
Sightseeing, Commercial Business Trip (not involving paid activities), Visiting Relatives/Friends/Acquaintances, Participating in Athletic Tournaments as an Amateur or Other Similar Activities during a Short Period of Stay(Single or double entry visa, valid for 3-4 months).
A) Provide your PHYSICAL passport.
- The Passport MUST be signed.
- Your Passport MUST have (2) blank visa pages that are adjacent to each other.
- The Passport Must have at least (6) months remaining validity from date of entry.
Note: Please be advised that your passport should be undamaged. Passports should be free of fraying, tears, damage to the credential page and pages that have been separated from the binding.
B) Copy of your Passport data page. (page with picture on it).
C) Complete(1) Japan Visa Application Form.
D) Complete (1) Japanese Disclaimer Form.
E) Complete (1) Power of Attorney Form. This form allows us to hand-carry your application form into the Japenese Consulate for visa issuance.
F) Complete (1) Schedule of Stay Form.
G) One (1) Passport-Size Photographs. NOTE: MUST NOT WEAR EYE GLASSES. (Click to reivew specific requirements. Incorrect photographs may cause a delay or rejection of visa issuance).
H) Proof of sufficient funds to defray all the expenses while in Japan (e.g. applicant's most recent bank statement - savings and/or checking accounts) If you are not paying for your trip, a letter from the person/entity covering the cost of your trip is necessary.
I) Proof of Round Trip or on-Ward travel issued by travel agency or airline company. We advise applicants not to purchase airline tickets until the visa is approved.
- Applicants, however, may be required to show purchased/issued tickets when applicants receive Japanese visa. Flight schedules of purchased/issued tickets should be the same flight schedules of the itinerary you submitted.
- Applicants intending to use write-your-own or companion ticket must present applicant's (or qualifying airline employee's) Employment Verification letter from the airline company, explicitly authorizing the applicant to use the ticket.
J) Documents indicating the purpose of your visit
- Business Letter of Invitation from Japan.
- Business Letter of Financial Letter of Financial Guarantee.
- If you are participating in a conference, printed material on the conference
- If you are sightseeing, information regarding places you plan to visit, confirmation of hotel reservation, etc.
K) Immigration documents showing your legal status and permitting reentry into the U.S., such as permanent residency (green) card or I-94 and valid U.S. visa. (Students on a F-1 visa must present endorsed I-20 form and applicants on J-1 visa need to present endorsed DS-2019 form.) If you do not intend to return to the U.S., visa to next the destination (if required) must be affixed to your passport before you apply for Japanese visa.
NOTE: In principle the Japan Consulate and/or Embassy does NOT accept an application from B-1 and B-2 U.S. visa/status holders. Those holders need to return to their home country in order to apply for a visa to enter Japan.
L) Complete TPAVC Order Form and payment.